„March for Life“? – What the fuck?!
On September 21st 2019, the `March for Life´ takes place in Berlin. Every year, thousands of self-proclaimed `life protectors´ take part in this event, demanding a general ban of abortions.
Under the cover of the `pro-life´ label, the `March for Life´ cultivates a christian-fundamentalist worldview that doesn´t value every life as equally worthy of protection. They stand for conservative gender roles, rigid sex morals, are homo- and transphobic and base all this on God and the bible.
In society in general we experience a surge of national-conservative and anti-feminist views. Anti-feminism functions as a link between reactionary forces from the Christian Democratic Party (CDU/CSU) to the Alternative for Germany (AfD) and people involved in the far right. The spread of hatred against women, queer people/LGBTIQ* and refugees is on the rise.
We stand against these discriminatory positions and demand reproductive rights for all. The choice to terminate a pregnancy is an integral part of these rights. Because only when abortion is legalized, pregnant people can be protected from the deadly effects of unsafe abortions. In countries without safe access to abortions, we see high numbers of people dying during or due the aftereffects of unsafe procedures. Abortion bans don´t eradicate abortions – they kill.
We will sabotage the march – for a free and emancipatory society!
If you´re also fed up with anti-feminist and nationalist bullshit, join our protests!
What the fuck! Legalize abortion, sabotage anti-feminism.
September 21st | 10 am | Berlin Rosenthaler Platz
- for the right to terminate a pregnancy and accessible information (in terms of the law, this means eradicating §218 and §219 from the German criminal code)
- for abortions being included in the curriculum of medical training and hospitals being obliged to conduct them
- for abortions to be recognized as a normal medical procedure that is covered by health insurance and for abortions to be accessible to refugees
- for a pregnancy care that is based on the well-being of the pregnant person, not on the idea of a healthy “racial corpus”
- for a society that provides every person – with and without disablities – with the support they need
- for a society in which people of all genders and sexual desires can thrive and live without fear
If you agree with our demands, take to the streets with us on Saturday, September 21st and protest the “March for Life”!